You’re Going to Love This Kid – 2nd. Edition
Thousands of educators have turned to “You’re Going to Love This Kid!” for fresh ways to welcome and teach students with autism—and now the book teachers trust is fully revised and more practical than ever! Gathering feedback from teachers across the country during her popular workshops, autism expert Paula Kluth targeted this second edition to the specific needs of today’s primary- and secondary-school educators. Still packed with the ready-to-use tips and strategies that teachers are looking for, the new edition gives readers:
- dozens of NEW photocopiable forms, checklists, and planning tools that make it easy for teachers to implement the suggested strategies (see box)
- photos of curricular adaptations, sensory supports, and classroom scenes
- thoroughly revised and updated chapters on today’s hottest topics: improving literacy, implementing positive behavior support, and collaborating effectively with families
- larger 8.5 x 11 format, so the book is easier to read and photocopy
- study guide with challenging discussion questions for each chapter-perfect for pre- and inservice professional development and book clubs
- new ideas throughout the book based on the latest research on autism, inclusion, literacy, and behavior
Readers will also get updates on all of the other topics covered in the first edition, including fostering friendships, building communication skills, planning challenging and multidimensional lessons, and adapting the curriculum and the physical environment. And with the new first-person stories from people with autism and their teachers and parents, readers will have a better understanding of students on the spectrum and how to include them successfully.
A book teachers will keep forever for creative ideas and inspiration, this new edition of “You’re Going to Love This Kid!” is the ultimate practical guide to including students with autism, teaching them effectively and sensitively, and appreciating the gifts they bring to the classroom.
You may also like…
This book provides positive and practical ways of involving young people in the inclusive classroom. At its heart is a recognition of the power of getting students involved and the value their empowerment can bring to their education.$34.95 Product Details »
From Tutor Scripts to Talking Sticks: 100 Ways to Differentiate Instruction in K-12 Inclusive Classrooms
Differentiated instruction engages students of all abilities as active learners, decision-makers, and problem solvers—making educational experiences more meaningful for all. This one-of-a-kind book proves that designing differentiated instruction…$59.95 Product Details »
This fully revised new edition is a clear and concise guide to effective classroom practice. It is designed for teachers and assistants supporting children with Asperger syndrome in mainstream schools and other non-specialist settings.$45.95 Product Details »
Written by two neuropsychologists with extensive clinical and classroom experience, this new book is a concise, easy-to-read guide developed for primary school teachers (grades K- 6).$29.95 Product Details »