Living Well on the Spectrum
Navigating the “neurotypical” world with Asperger syndrome or high-functioning autism (AS/HFA) can be extremely stressful. But by understanding the specific ways your brain works differently—and how to tap into your personal strengths—you can greatly enhance your well-being. In this wise and practical book, experienced therapist Valerie L. Gaus helps you identify goals that will make your life better and take concrete steps to achieve them. Grounded in psychological science, the techniques in this book help you:
- Learn the unspoken rules of social situations.
- Improve your communication skills.
- Get organized at home and at work.
- Manage anxiety and depression.
- Strengthen your relationships with family and friends.
- Live more successfully on your own or with others.
A wealth of stories, questionnaires, worksheets, and concrete examples help you find personalized solutions to problems you are likely to encounter. Finally, a compassionate, knowledgeable, positive guide to living well on the spectrum.
1 in stock