Asperger Syndrome: A Practical Guide for Teachers, 2nd. Edition
This fully revised new edition is a clear and concise guide to effective classroom practice. It is designed for teachers and assistants supporting children with Asperger syndrome in mainstream schools and other non-specialist settings. The book provides up-to-date information on the latest developments in this area and relates this to educational practice. With examples of innovative strategies and approaches to facilitate progress in learning, this new edition:
- outlines the underlying impairments and their educational implications;
- explores the process of assessment and diagnosis in Asperger Syndrome;
- offers practical strategies for effective and realistic classroom intervention, including access to the National Curriculum;
- considers the behavioural challenges the child with Asperger Syndrome may pose;
- shows how transitions can be supported.
Asperger Syndrome: A Practical Guide for Teachers, 2nd Edition seeks to inform professionals meeting a child with Asperger Syndrome for the first time and equip them with effective educational and behavioural intervention strategies. This new edition is also updated with reference to Every Child Matters, the Disability Equality Duty and Access Inclusion Planning.
This book will be essential to professionals in mainstream schools, educational psychologists, INSET providers (including initial teacher training), as well as to parents, carers and others supporting social and behavioural progress for students with Asperger Syndrome.
2 in stock