Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck
Since Social Thinking introduced the Superflex® Curriculum in 2008, creative educators, therapists, parents, and related service professionals have come up with all sorts of new ways to teach the concepts and ideas related to Superflex. Yet, you wanted games and visual teaching tools to make your teachings even better.
The Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck is the superflexible teaching tool you asked for to use with individuals who are learning about or have already been introduced to Superflex, the 14 original Unthinkables, and the newer characters, the Thinkables (first mentioned in the book, Social Town Citizens Discover 82 New Unthinkables for Superflex to Outsmart).
You take the lead in using the cards — they’re a blank canvas of possibilities!
- Create games such as “Go Fish” with the cards
- Use the Thinkables cards to say “good job” when a child or student has mostly put an Unthinkable to rest
- Use an Unthinkable card as a visual tool to remind a student to use his/her strategies when one of those clever, sneaky characters is invading the student’s brain
- Pick an Unthinkable or Thinkable and play “I Spy…” where students use their Social Detective skills to look for that character showing up in themselves or others in the group, the classroom, or the school.
The possibilities are endless, limited only by your imagination and your own superflexible thinking!
- Unthinkables deck: 52 cards with multiples of each of 14 Unthinkable characters
- Thinkables deck: 52 cards with multiples of each of 14 Thinkable characters and Superflex cards
- Cards contain the character’s image, name, AND powers
4 in stock
You may also like…
Author: Stephanie Madrigal and Michelle Garcia WinnerPublishing Info: Paperback 100 pages and CD-ROM / 2007Tags: Superhero Social Thinking, Team of Unthinkables.
The purpose of this curriculum is to provide the social-thinking educator, teacher, or parent with a fun, motivating, and non-threatening way for our students to explore social thinking while increasing their knowledge of social expectations…$78.95 Product Details »
Author: Stephanie Madrigal and Michelle Garcia WinnerPublishing Info: Paperback 164 pages / September 2012Tags: behavioral regulation, Social thinking, Superflex, Thinkables, Unthinkables.
This latest edition in the Superflex series is a compilation work that introduces 82 new Unthinkables and 14 new Thinkables submitted by Social Town citizens of all ages. Unthinkables and Thinkables are grouped by theme/category for easy reference by student or adult, and each entry includes the character’s power, related information about its characteristics, and strategies to defeat the Unthinkable or bolster a Thinkable’s help.$54.95 Product Details »
Author: Michelle Garcia Winner and Stephanie MadrigalPublishing Info: Paperback with CD-ROM Worksheets 84 pages / January 2014Tags: Superflex, Superhero Social Thinking.
Superflex Takes on One-Sided Sid, Un-Wonderer and the Team of Unthinkables is the fourth comic book in the Superflex series, designed to help children learn more about their own social behavior and strategies to regulate it. Individuals should already be familiar with the Superflex Curriculum before reading this book.$37.95 Product Details »
Author: Stephanie Madrigal and Michelle Garcia WinnerPublishing Info: Paperback 67 pages / September 2009Tags: Glassman, Social thinking, Superflex.
In this new teaching comic book in the Superflex series, the superhero, Superflex, swoops down to help Aiden overcome the Unthinkable, Glassman (who causes our over-reactions to small things), at just the right time: the first day of school!$34.95 Product Details »